Friday, October 16, 2009

The Market

This week, I was planning to do a blog about some of my favorite things in Strasbourg. These include the swan families, the dogs, the families in the parks, the flower shops, and the bridges. Unfortunately, my plan to take photos of all these things and post a blog about them has been ruined by the freezing rain that is our weather for today. So, I'm going to post a blog about just one of my favorite things......the market. (Market day for me is Wednesday, so I took some pics after my trip this week.)

Almost everyday of the week, there is a market somewhere in the city, but we are lucky to live near Place Broglie, which is the site of Strasbourg's largest market. The vendors set up on Wednesdays and Fridays and you can buy anything from steak to lingerie at this lively outdoor shopping extravaganza. The produce is all seasonal, so it is an adventure every week to see what the new arrivals are. This week, as I was unpacking my purchases, I thought about how pretty they were and how delicious they would be and I thought to myself, "this food should definitely be part of my favorite things post." So, here are some of my favorite food items from the market.

But first, this is what I use to shop at the market and the grocery store. I like to believe that because of its cool color and pattern, my cart does not fall under the category of "old lady cart." But even if it does, it is absolutely necessary and is definitely one of my favorite things.


One of the new arrivals last week was pumpkin!! Fall is officially here, and to kick it off, I've been using some of my spare time to bake. That's right, tomorrow, after a couple of hours of work, the contents of this photo will be a delicious pie. (hopefully.)


Other purchases included Comté cheese, fresh red tomatoes, cereal bread, regional apples and olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment