Saturday, April 7, 2012

Alive and Kicking

Sorry for the loooong hiatus.   Susannah and I have been in Georgia and Tennessee visiting family and friends for the past three weeks.    I desperately wanted to post some of the adorable grandparent photos and share the stress ball of a story that was our flight from San Diego to Atlanta, but I resisted because I didn't want to advertise our absence to all of the evil burglars out there.   I'm hopeful that no evil burglars read this blog, but just in case, I decided not to post until we were home with our trusty guard dog posted at the front door.

We spent the first half of our time in Georgia.   Here are some of the highlights.....

Susannah was so excited to see her Gamma, her Uncle Will and her cousin Clara Kate......and of course, she was most excited to see Gamma's dog, Honey.  

We spent an afternoon at Uncle Dexter and Aunt Beth's.   Susannah was very intrigued by the pond.

Especially when she noticed that Poppy was doing something interesting.

"What's going on down there, Poppy?"

"Fishing!   Let me see that fish!!"

"What does it feel like?"

Susannah's Mimi had to keep a grip on her to make sure she didn't wade in to find some more fish. 

"Good catch Poppy!"

We spent another day at the beautiful Callaway Gardens with Papa, Uncle Will, Aunt Liz, and Clara Kate.   Gamma had to work, so we missed having her there with us too.

Susannah insisted  upon wearing this winter hat that she found in the stroller......even though it was 85 degrees.

She had a great time feeding the fish and the turtles with Uncle Will.

But the highlight of the day was definitely the butterfly house.   Susannah had to take a rest with Papa after all the butterly chasing she did.

Clara Kate liked the butterflies too.

Susannah loved having her Poppy read to her.

Especially when he mispronounced the Dr. Seuss words. 

And oh, how Susannah LOVES her Aunt Nancy.  

Playing with Aunt Nancy was definitely one of Susannah's favorite memories.

All in all, a very relaxing and fun family week.

Thanks to all of our Georgia family and friends for making our visit such a special one!   We love you all!    Coming soon, pics from the Tennessee leg of our trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment