Thursday, January 10, 2013

What have we been up to?

The answer to the title of this blog is, quite simply, not too much.   Which has been delightful to be honest.    This week we are officially back to "work", which means real work for Daddy and a busier calendar for Susannah and me.    We have been enjoying lots and lots of family time full of playground trips and walks, and Peter and I have been spending lots of time laughing at Susannah and all of her antics.   She is so funny and talks ALL THE TIME now.   She is speaking in full sentences sometimes and often keeps a running dialogue of what we are doing.    When I think about the fact that she wasn't really talking at all one month ago, I am just so shocked.   Here are some photos of the last week...... 

We love to wear hats and often ask to wear one before we leave the house.

And now that we are finished with airline travel for awhile, she has finally warmed to TV and will watch Curious George for 15 minutes or so if we let her.  I set the DVR to record a new episode everyday, but she has a favorite episode that is about a dog and now she will only watch that episode.   If I turn it on another one, she says, "I want  Monkey/Dog!"  

We took her to the zoo on New Year's Day and we got to see the whole Gorilla family.

And the elephants, including this one who was getting a "pedicure."

We did a little photo shoot at the park one day and the pictures turned out so pretty.

I am so in love with her sometimes I almost can't stand it.

She was in red and black for Georgia's bowl game.   She knows what football is now and when she sees any football game on tv, she says "woof,woof,woof!"   We have trained her well already!

We have been enjoying the sunny weather and hitting the playground almost everyday.

Sometimes when she wakes up in the morning, she says, "I want park!"  

We prefer the slide over the swings these days.

She isn't intimidated by any slide......goes straight to the top of every playground.

She loves to go on walks and we usually come home with a pine-cone or a rock or a few leaves. 

She gives them to meadow when we get home.

We still love going to the library for story-time.

The Santa train display is still up and she loves to look at it.   She loves Santa now and whenever she plays with something she got for Christmas she says, "Santa."

We were invited to the park for cupcakes to celebrate her friend Sophia's birthday.  

She was beside herself because our current favorite book is called "Pinkalicious" and it is all about a little girl who eats too many pink cupcakes.  

Sophia's cupcakes were pink and Susannah really liked hers.  Notice the icing mustache.

She has several toy phones and she is always walking around the house with one on her shoulder, pretending to talk while she plays.   Already a multi-tasker.  ;)    She usually talks to Uncle Hollis.   She is actually playing fun right now and she just said, "Hi Ha-Ha.   Monkey on the porch.   I sit with my tea-set."  It really does crack me up to listen to her talk.   She is so serious and it is the cutest thing.

Last weekend we spent Saturday morning at the beach.   Susannah was a little unsure of the cold sand at first....

but she warmed up pretty quickly,

Especially when Daddy was with her.

She ran and ran. 

It was such fun!

Skipping

It was Shoo-Shoo's birthday so we texted her this picture.

Since everybody else had a feet photo, I wanted one too......

Saturday was definitely one of those days when I realized just how blessed we are to be living in Coronado.

Really, really blessed.

We even watched the ice-skaters "beach-skating" at the Hotel Del.

Another park day.

Susannah loves to run at the park because of all the wide open space.

But on this particular day, all the slides were wet and we were sooo disappointed.

We tend to jump back quickly though.   Especially when granola cereal is involved.   She calls granola "Daddy's cereal" and she would eat it every meal if we let her.   
Hope all of you are having a happy and hopeful start to 2013.    We miss and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment