Mother's Day 2013 was a great success. Peter and Susannah made me feel so loved and we had a great weekend. It was especially sweet because this time last year, Peter was still deployed. Having him home was the best present ever.
 |
| We had beautiful weather so we decided to spend Saturday with a pizza picnic at the park. |
 |
| Susannah is really into both pizza and picnics lately, so this was her idea of a perfect afternoon. |
 |
| On Sunday, we got all dressed up for church and I even let myself out of the back brace so I could wear a new dress. |
 |
| We tried to get some more shots of Susannah with the pretty roses, but the sun was in her eyes. |
 |
| Still really precious though. |
 |
| So sweet. |
 |
| This is her new "smile for the camera" smile. So funny. |
 |
| All the men at church got up and sang as a Mother's Day Present . Peter was front and center and it was awesome. |
 |
| After skyping all the Grandmothers, we headed to the beach. |
 |
| It was unseasonably hot and a perfect beach day. |
 |
| After almost 2 years, I still marvel at the fact that we live walking distance from this beach. |
 |
| Susannah gave a whole new meany to the word "sandy." She was absolutely covered, and had the best time. |
 |
| She wasn't into the water this time...... |
 |
| But she was ALL about the sand. And the rice and beans she had at Miguilito's afterward. |
If I'm being honest, this weekend wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. I stepped on Susannah's toe with the first pair of high heels I've donned since my surgery. Then Susannah slammed her finger in her potty. And of course, we had our normal share of whining and "no mommy's" throughout the weekend. But I can safely say that the ruling emotion in my heart was gratitude. Gratitude the God gave me the opportunity to mother this beautiful, smart, hilarious, loving, and sometimes outrageous girl. Susannah Latham Mallory, you are my biggest and most favorite blessing, and I love you with all of my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment