Friday, May 9, 2014

Ballet and Tumbling

Last week, Susannah started two new afternoon activities.   One afternoon a week she has tumbling class and another afternoon she has ballet.    Now that the days are so nice and long, we were finding the space between kindergarten and dinner to be a little empty, so we decided that a couple of fun classes were just the thing we needed.    She absolutely LOVES both.    Parents aren't allowed to stay for class, so I only managed to snag a few photos, but here they are.....

On our way to our first class in our new ballet outfit.

The new clothes are definitely one of her favorite parts.

Especially the skirt.

The teacher said that she follows directions well and really concentrates........

Considering the lack of rhythm that Peter and I inevitably passed down to her, good concentration is probably going to be necessary. 

Who knows, maybe she will surprise us and have some mystery dancing genes?    The only important thing though, is that she is having so much fun.

This is her new tumbling get-up.    I have been laughing for months at all the workout clothes for toddlers that I see online, and now we have succumbed to the ridiculousness.   And I think it is so adorable.

Of course.

Tumbling class would probably be more appropriately named, " Run around like crazy people in a padded room for 45 minutes."    Of course, Susannah LOVED it.

They did have a little obstacle course set up when I came to pick her up, so they did do a little more than just sprint in circles.    Susannah said the tunnel was her favorite part.

Peter was out of town last week, so Susannah and I had lots of fun mommy-daughter time.   She loves to wear my robe.


Showing off her new hair cut.   We decided to leave it long in case she changes her mind about pig tails this summer.

The guy who cut it was really serious about the process and insisted on giving her a full shampoo and conditioning.   He even brought her apple juice in a real glass.   She ate it up, sensing that this was way beyond a normal kid's haircut.
 
Peter wins Father-of-the-Year award because when he landed from his overnight flight from the US on Wednesday morning, he dropped off his suitcase at the apartment and headed straight to a hiking trail where he met Susannah and her classmates for "Vater-Wald."  (Father Forest Day)   The spent the day in the forest, hiking, playing, and grilling sausages.   I sent them with some marshmallows for a little American flair and Peter said they were the hit of the day.   The pictures are all on his phone, so I will try to post them next week.  

Hope all of you are well.   Happy Mother's Day to Grammy, Shoo-Shoo, Mimi, and Grandmama.   And all of you other awesome Mamas that are reading this.   We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment