Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentines Day 2015

Happy Valentines Day everybody!   We had a very uneventful and restful weekend.   It was perfect and just what we needed.   I realized as we were finishing up our Saturday afternoon walk that this holiday has been pretty eventful for our family over the past several years.    February 14, 2012 was the day Peter left for his last deployment.   And February 14, 2013 I was learning to walk again after my spinal fusion.   Last year I was pregnant and we were still trying to settle into our life here in Germany.   So this year, a nice long family weekend was true perfection.   Sarah Avery is sleeping so well that I even let myself stay up and watch a movie one night with Peter.   It was glorious!!

Here are some pics from our week....

Susannah requested a ponytail like Mommy's one morning before school.    
We have been testing out the waters with a few pears, but Sarah Avery is not interested. 

She doesn't hate it, but she doesn't really ingest any of it either.  

Carnival is a big deal in Germany and the schools usually have costume parties to celebrate.   Susannah could dress up on Thursday and Friday.   

Thursday she was Elsa.   Every single student and teacher was in costume.   And they even had a clown come to perform.   I thought Susannah might be scared, but she thought he was hilarious. 

After school she decided to be Belle while she ate her snack.  

Friday she was another Princess.   This time more of a Vegas show-girl type one???   :)

Friday night we went out to our favorite Turkish restaurant.   We played "I spy" while we waited for our food. 

Valentine's Day morning.   

This one has been sitting up and playing like such a big girl. 

She is such a happy baby now that she is getting enough sleep.   

Saturday afternoon Susannah declared a beach picnic was in order so she laid out the "sand" and the "water" and wore her bathing suit while she had a tea party on the "sand".   Sarah Avery was happy to join her. 

Sunday morning reading time.  

Nothing better than relaxing in our pjs with Daddy.

I tried to snag a good shot of the girls before church in their valentines day best, but it was tough.  

They didn't want to be still, smile, and look at me at the same time.  

They tried, but it is a lot to ask.  ;)
Hope all of you are well.   We miss and love you!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment