Monday, March 23, 2015

7 months

Sarah Avery turned seven months old yesterday.    I know it is trite to say so, but time seems to be picking up more speed as each week and month progresses.    And I vacillate between celebrating and mourning each day passed.   There are no remarkable milestones to note this month.    Our little baby girl is starting to lean forward into crawling position, but I think I have at least a few more weeks before she takes off and starts putting her fingers into light sockets.   No words yet, but she does make her little "ooh and ahh" sounds pretty often.  She has started sucking her thumb regularly and is still slowly but surely learning to eat solids.    She still adores watching Susannah and laughs more for her than anybody else.   I didn't get around to taking official seven month pictures, but here are our pictures from the week.  

We still have playtime on Mommy's bed most mornings before school.

This crazy face is Susannah's "I love you so much I'm going to give you the biggest, tightest hug ever" face.   So even though this picture looks like she has SA in a headlock, it is actually sweet.   

Wild ones.

A little afternoon hair styling session.

"That's fun, but playing with my feet is even better!"

Sweetest.   Thing.  Ever.   (Even though I know it will probably cost thousands in braces.)  
i
Playing with Daddy's nose.

She smiles so big every afternoon when her Daddy comes home from work.   

Peter was out of town for a couple of nights last week, which meant that they girls and I spent the after dinner hour having a dance party.    (I'm embarrassed to admit that said dance party may have been too much for this 33 year old......my back is still sore.)

Peter took them on a wagon ride around the apartment this weekend. 

I know this is blurry, but Sarah Avery's expression cracks me up.......she looks scared for her life.

Susannah was all about it though.

The best part of this new thumb sucking habit is that she puts herself to sleep so easily now.   A great big HOORAY for that!!!

Her two favorite things......the jumperoo and her big sister.  

She also really likes playing with noses.   (And pulling hair.)


That is it for this week.    We are bracing for a crazy week because our oldest and best Navy friends are coming to visit all the way from Japan.   The girls will have two playmates, ages 2 and 4, and I will get to catch up with one of my most treasured friends.   We are so excited, but also curious to see how we all manage with only one bathroom.   ;)     Love and miss you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment