Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Visitors

I didn't get around to posting anything this past week because some of our closest friends were visiting from Auburn, Alabama.    Susannah called them "The Visitors" all week, which is actually pretty fitting because they are the only friends who have visited us in every single duty station.    I'm embarrassed by the lack of photos I took, so if I get some from Natalie's camera, I will post more later.   Our friends were only with us for the two weekends since they traveled during the week.   But the week they were traveling was extra special for us because Peter took the week off from work, so we had lots of really awesome family time.   I think I was too busy enjoying our guests and Peter's time off that I forgot to take pictures.  But here are the few photos I have from the last 2 weeks......

Sarah Avery and I spent one afternoon at the park.    She has since decided that she doesn't like to wear bows.     

Susannah and Peter have been planning a living room campout for a while now and this week was the perfect time.   Susannah wanted to leave a note in the living room so they wouldn't forget that Friday night was the the night.

I bought Susannah this special back to school treat as a reward for finishing her first week back.   They make a really big deal about back to school here, so the bakery has lots of kid friendly items to celebrate the season.  

As the week went on, they added more things to their camp-out list.

And here they are.....having just finished their popcorn and all snuggled in and ready to watch "Frozen" before bed.   Susannah was elated.

Susannah wanted to use her blocks to do a little math practice one afternoon.   She is really getting it. 

We let her turn off her own light after storytime each night.   Usually she reads in her bed for 15-20 minutes.   One night though, I could still hear her after 30 + minutes.   When I went to check on her, this is what I found.   

We capped off Brandon and Natalie's visit with an afternoon at the opening day of Volksfest, Stuttgart's version of Oktoberfest.  

It was such a fun afternoon. 

The band in this tent was so fun and we had a blast just soaking up the crazy atmosphere. 
The ferris wheel was our last hoorah before heading home to put the girls to bed.  

The late afternoon sky was so beautiful. 

It was so fun to laugh with old friends. 

On our way out, we walked past this crepe stand and had to snag a picture.   Maybe this will be us after Peter's retirement??
And that was it for the past two weeks.    Fall is officially here as the first leaves on the trees are changing color and the temperatures are crisper everyday.   Hope all is well with all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment