Tuesday, May 22, 2018

May Days

Our May so far has been busy but full of fun memories.   Here are the pictures:

Susannah's music class had a little performance on morning during school so Peter and I attended.   It was so fun seeing what they have been learning this year. 

Susannah was so excited that Daddy was able to make it.

Peter and I attended an event at the New Zealand embassy that was a night of international cuisine.   Twenty five countries had tables set up with traditional food and drink.   It was a blast and I wish I had taken more pictures.   We were too busy eating and drinking.  ;)

We had the surprise of  the year when this lady walked through the door of a "Cinco de Derby" party where we were.   She taught with me in Jacksonville and we had lost touch.   She recently moved to the area and we are so excited to be reunited!

I've been soaking up all my Mommy and Sarah Avery mornings while they last.   She loves to sit on the counter while I do dishes or dinner prep.

I picked Susannah up early from school one afternoon when SA had a playdate so she and I could have another book club meeting over an ice cream sunday.    Then we went to Barnes and Noble to buy the first Harry Potter book.   It was the perfect way to spend an afternoon.

And SA had a blast with her BFF Judson.

Of course SA wanted an ice cream date too, so Peter took her out one afternoon.   

Mother's Day morning at church.   

Real life confession:   This is outside our brunch location.   I had a little stomach bug so after we took these pics we decided to abandon our reservation and go through the driveway for happy meals and then home for a nap.   ;)

Snuggling with these girls on the couch sounded so much better than Eggs Benedict in a restaurant crowded with screaming children.   .

These two and their Daddy made it a special day with or without brunch.

SA spent the rest of the afternoon dressed as Elsa.   In a sun hat.
Susannah had set up a scavenger hunt for me to find all of my cards and presents when I woke up that morning.   

I adored all of their homemade gifts.  

The next day I helped lead Susannah's Daisy troop on a bird-watching field trip to Roosevelt Island.   

These silly girls had so much fun.


Susannah and one of her dearest friends, Rose.

A couple of days later it was my 37th birthday so we went to my favorite taco place for dinner and spicy margaritas.

And then home for cupcakes even though we already had dessert at the restaurant.   Because that is how this Mommy rolls on her birthday.  ;)

The girls love celebrating a birthday!

SA helped me open my presents.  

Two of which were the skirt and book.    

SA helped me load the dishwasher one morning.  

Susannah's class is doing an ABC countdown to the last day of school with one special thing everyday.   C was career day so Susannah dressed up like a first grade teacher.   She was so pumped when Ms. Lyon let her wear her teacher ID all day.   

We've been visiting a foster cat at the local pet shop.   The girls are begging to keep her but we are holding strong on the no.  

Britta is a sweet girl though.   

Saturday night was Party on the Patio, the PTA fundraiser for Susannah's school.   It was the perfect opportunity to finally get a picture with two of my best friends here in Virigina, Beth and Jess.   Peter and I had a great time and are so grateful for this awesome community. 

SA  was rocking her baby chick dress and my shades.   

Sunday evening the girls had their end of the year choir concerts at church.  

They both sang their little hearts out.  

And did some serious hand motions. 

It was a sweet night.    
And that has been our May so far.   We hope all of you are doing well and will enjoy a nice, sunny long weekend for Memorial Day.   Love from Alexandria!

No comments:

Post a Comment