Friday, February 7, 2020

First weeks of 2020

Well, January is behind us and we are already looking forward to spring here in Alexandria.  We have been busy these first several weeks of 2020.  Here are the highlights:

Our good friend Jonathon was in town for his client Yola's concert.  Peter and I were so excited to spend the evening with him and see the concert.  We even got to meet her after the show!

Sarah Avery continues to love kindergarten and was really excited when it was her turn to be start student for the week. 

Peter let the girls borrow his uniform hats for hat day at school.

Peter and I are in a supper club that meets one Friday a month.  We always forget to take pictures but last month, we remembered.  It was such a fun night full of delicious Mexican food and margaritas.   

This little one came down with the flu last week.  She was a trooper though and Tamiflu really shortened it for her.  She only missed three days of school which we considered a win.  And if I'm honest, I didn't hate the unexpected break from my Russian classes.  

She was so happy to be back!

Peter and I had a little stay-cation last weekend in DC.  We used our Hilton points to stay at the Conrad and enjoyed a concert, some delicious meals, including this brunch, and did some touristy things that we have been meaning to do for the past four years.  It was delightful and just what we needed.  

We finally made it to the National Portrait Gallery.  I've been wanting to go since we moved to DC. 

I loved seeing Obama's portrait but was also pleasantly surprised by all of the other exhibits.  We had a great time checking everything out after our brunch.  

This was the view from our corner room.  We didn't want to leave, but we missed the girls and needed to get home because......

Susannah needed to deliver her girl scout cookie order.  

We were proud of her for taking everything on herself.  She made every sale and delivered every box herself.  All 62 of them. 

Peter and I love this picture because it so describes the dynamic between the girls.  Susannah dutifully pulling the wagon while Sarah Avery rides along issuing commands.  ;)

We've been having lots of rain so we have been wearing our boots.......I thought they looked so cute this particular morning, I had to take a picture.  
And that is it for the Mallory clan in January.  We are looking forward to seeing our Tennessee family over President's Day.  We love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment