and even though sometimes that means that you are rather demanding of your mommy, it also floods my heart with joy every time I see you laugh or squeal in delight.
Since you no longer have a crib or your bla bla doll, we can't do a 6 month comparison picture, but here are the stats. Height: 26.5 inches, weight: 17 lbs. This puts you in the 50th-75th percentile for both. Here are some other shots from the past month. You are sitting up so well. The doctor was quiet impressed yesterday and called you "sportive". Of course, your mommy loved that. You are doing so well with your sitting up that you don't like your frog bouncer anymore. So we feed you on the couch. All I have to say about that is good thing we are donating this sofa before we move because it is already covered in carrot and pear stains.
Mommy wasn't very smart and only left out one bib when the movers were packing. Considering the mess we make at every meal, this was very poor planning. (this is the clean face before the storm.)
We also invested in some age appropriate toys for you and you LOVE them. Your favorite is this block pyramid with a hidden rattle ball. Of course, you want to eat the rattle.
You also love to knock over the pyramid.
We went to church this weekend to say goodbye to everybody. You wore this adorable outfit that your Aunt Susan gave you. You were so cute, I have to post several of the pics.
In honor of your 6 month birthday, Daddy and I decided to have a picnic of all our favorite french things. It was really muggy out though, so we decided to do it indoors. :) You wanted to try everything and kept reaching for all the food. I can't blame you though.....look at this spread.
We had what our french friends told us was the absolute best Cotes du Rhone, some goose rilletes (sort of like a pate), olives and tapenade, our favorite camembert cheese, cereal baquette, apple slices, my favorite butter cookies, some special sausage from Peter's favorite sausage vendor, and, despite the current e.coli scare, raw veggies. Yum is all I have to say.
Well Susannah, words can't express how much I love being your Mom. The last 6 months have been by far the most challenging of my life, but watching you grow and learn is the most amazing experience. I love you and thank God for entrusting us with you. I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment