Monday, June 10, 2013

Susannah-isms

I have been meaning to post a list of Susannah's funny phrases and behaviors for a while now and I have decided this is the perfect week because after all the Disney excitement, I have only taken 3 photos all week.   So this week's post will be heavy on the copy and light on the visuals.

Susannah is officially two and a half now and she really does say something new almost every single day.   She is headstrong, hilarious, loving (she gives the sweetest hugs), smart (she loves playing with educational toys, especially anything involving letters or phonics), and so beautiful.    Here are a few of the Susannahisms that keep Peter and me entertained:

1.   She doesn't know the pronoun "I" yet, so she uses "my."   As in "My can do it myself Mommy!"    She insists on buckling her shoes, buckling her carseat, buckling her high chair, setting up her potty seat, and many other things "myself" these days.

2.    She still uses "I do" instead of saying the word, "yes."    I know we should probably be correcting her, but it is so cute and it has almost become her little trademark, so I'm just leaving it alone.   She can say yes for the rest of her life. 

3.    She is already expressing a little rebellious side in the way that she says no.   We have told her she must say "no m'am" or "no thank you."   So if I remind her to say "no m'am" she always says "no thank you" instead and vice versa.  

4.    Because we used to ask, "Do you want me to hold you?" when crossing the street, she now uses the command "Hold cha Dada!" whenever she wants Peter to pick her up.   

5.    Very recently, she has started asking very adamently, "Where's MY car?"  whenever we get home and Peter has the car.   I am trying to explain the pronoun "our", but it really is hilarious when she says "Where's my car?"

6.   I fear that she has inherited her Daddy's road rage because when we are stopped at a stop light or waiting to back out of the driveway, she says, "Go Mommy!"  over and over. 

7.    She loves to sing and dance, especially to her favorite Sesame Street songs like "Elmo's Ducks" and "1, 2, 3, 4".   

8.    If she is eating a snack and Peter and I ask if she will share she always says, "Just one, Mommy," while holding up her little pointer finger as a visual aid.  

9.    When Peter puts her down, he always tells her that he will check on her in ten minutes, so now she is always telling us that she will check on us in ten minutes.

10.    Peter has started making her little water balloons lately and, per the Mallory Family tradition, he calls them "water babies."   Susannah LOVES to take care of her "water babies" to the point of bathing, feeding, and singing to them.  

11.    She loves to play Mommy and take care of her babies or stuffed animals.   She also loves tea parties and hosts them in her room several times a week.  

This is just a little sample of the super big personality of our little girl.   I can't believe how fast time is flying and how grown up she already is.   This process really does break and warm my heart simultaneously.   

Here are the very few pics from the week.

Sporting the side ponytail.
 
 
Peter ran the San Diego Marathon last Sunday.   This is the only picture we snagged.....he was more than ready to get home for a shower, but Susannah and I were so proud of him. 

Checking out the elephants at the zoo.

And the baby giraffe.

Susannah's sweet baby-sitter Miss Debra invited us to spend the afternoon on her sailboat a couple of week's ago. 

It was a beautiful boat and Susannah loved it.  

Susannah and her Miss Debra
That's it for this week.   Hope all is well with all of you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment