Thursday, July 18, 2013

The beginning of good-bye

Ugh.......  With a little less than 2 weeks left here in Coronado, the good-byes are starting to happen and it is so bittersweet.   Last Friday night Peter's friends from work did his farewell dinner for him and a few other guys who are leaving soon.   It was at Leroy's, one of our favorite restaurants.    Per tradition, everybody "roasts" the person saying good-bye.   It was such a fun night and especially cool for me to get to hear his colleagues talk about how much they admire Peter.      
 
I know this is blurry, but this is Peter presenting his going away gag gift to his friend Dan.


The guys posing with their going-away gifts.

With the wives.


We also had what will probably be our last playdate at Leyton's house.   The girls played dress up and it was so fun.

Another good-bye ritual was to finally cross stand up paddle boarding (SUP) off of our bucket list.    Can you tell how excited we were to finally have a chance to try it???

It was a beautiful morning and we had the best time.

I was shocked at how easy it was to stand up.   I was expecting it to be much harder to balance.


But Peter and I both picked it up and had the best time paddling around Glorietta Bay watching the sailboats.

An action shot.

If we were staying here I would definitely be asking for one of these for Christmas.  
 
The good-bye continue tonight with my good-bye dinner with my bible study ladies.    I can't believe how fast it is really winding down.   The good news is that we are headed to visit with all of you family and friends on the east coast!!   Can't wait to see everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment