This week's post will be short, as we have had a pretty uneventful week. One exciting part though, was that Aunt Nancy has officially finished her au pair commitment in Hamburg and she is here with us for the week! (She is off to travel with a friend for the next two weeks and then she will be back to stay for a while and help. Yay!) Susannah is having so much fun and is so happy to have her Aunt Nancy here. Since the nursery is also the guest bedroom, we worked all weekend to finish it so that Aunt Nancy could move into a finished room when she arrived Monday. We also went to the doctor on Monday and he seems to think that our newest family member will probably arrive a little early, so that is exciting.
Here are some pics of the nursery......
 |
| I kept the same bedding on the guest room bed and used yellow baby items to compliment it. |
 |
| It was so fun taking all of Susannah's baby toys and books back out and remembering how much she loved them all. |
 |
| I like the way it all turned out. Definitely a hodge-podge, but it works. |
 |
| I know this isn't a clear picture, but these are prints I ordered from Etsy.....one verse from Luke 12 and one from Psalm 139. We left everything else on the walls as it was before. |
 |
| Mostly just family pictures and the landscape prints over the bed. |
 |
We had to get creative with the curtains.....had them custom cut to fit. It all turned out nicely though and now we are ready and waiting!
 |
| Susannah has had a blast playing with Aunt Nancy. |
So much that she didn't want to be bothered to smile for a picture.
But I was sneaky and I caught one anyway. Here they are watching videos from when Aunt Nancy was with us in San Diego.
And here they are reading some of the books Susannah gave to Sarah Avery. We told her she should learn how to read them all so she can do story time with her baby sister.
The other highlight of the week is that the ladies from our church gave me a shower. I failed to take any group pictures because I was having so much fun, but of course the two pictures I managed were of the food.
More specifically, the dessert table. One of the ladies made this. Isn't it beautiful? Edible booties??!!
Living so far from family and old friends definitely has its difficulties and things like showers often highlight this. But I am always amazed by how God provides a community for us everywhere we go. And the diversity is just so rich and beautiful. Women from seven different countries were at my shower. Seven! And hearing all of their unique birth stories was such an inspiration. I left feeling so grateful and so amazed by how God's ways are so different, but so so much better than our own.
|
 |
| And because why not? Let's end with a grand-parent pleaser. This is Susannah before church on Sunday. Check out that pink jewelry! She already knows how to accessorize better than her mama! |
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSusannah!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh!!!! And your belly!! I LOVE THIS!!!!! I have NO idea how I could have forgotten about your blog -- but I will be here for the next 2 hours catching up!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!