Monday, August 11, 2014

One week left!!

Well, we are still waiting.   Officially at 39 weeks, but I feel like I'm already full term because my doctor thought that she would arrive early so we have been in alert mode for two weeks already.    But we had a great week and I'm really grateful that I was able to participate since I wasn't in the hospital yet.  

One major highlight of the week was Vacation Bible School.   Susannah loved it and I had a great time volunteering in the kitchen.  

Showing off her craft of the day.

We had a picnic in the park one day after vbs.   How big does she look in her little vbs tshirt??

I was so thankful to have another week to spend with my girl.   

One day we had lunch on base and Daddy met us at the library for a few minutes.   How cute are these guys?

We spent Friday afternoon at the pool with Aunt Nancy.   Susannah ran into some of her friends from Kindergarten and had a blast playing with them.  (she has been pretty sad about being away from school.  Actual tears were shed one night, so we have started a little calendar countdown until school resumes in two weeks.)
I know I mentioned in an earlier post how I wanted to share about the pool complexes here.   Well, I can't get my other photos to download so you just have to take my word for it.   These places are massive and almost every community has one.   This one has a huge 50 meter lap pool, a huge resort style main pool complete with super tall waterslide, and a multi-level kids pool.   It also has huge green space, two playgrounds, volleyball courts, basketball courts, picnic areas, ect.   It is truly amazing and really affordable.   We LOVE it!
 

Saturday Stuttgart's "SummerFest" started so we headed downtown to check it out.   It was basically food/wine festival so there weren't any children activities.   But somebody did give Susannah these free sunglasses.  

And feeding the ducks was a huge hit.

She loved it. 

The pizza was pretty yummy too. 

So happy to have Aunt Nancy here.

Ice Cream!

I actually had some contractions on Saturday night and Sunday but they stopped on Sunday afternoon.   So we decided to walk up the huge hill behind our neighborhood to see if we could get the process restarted.   It didn't work, but we did have some yummy coffee and dessert, so it was worth the sweaty climb.

Susannah really liked playing in the fountain.  
 
Well that's it for this week.   I made it through the "super moon"  this weekend with no baby.   Fingers crossed that the next post will include some pictures of our newest family member.   Keep those prayers coming!   We love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment