The biggest event of our week was definitely the two month milestone of our sweet baby girl Sarah Avery. So on Wednesday morning she and I had a little photo shoot in the living room to commemorate the day. (Be warned that this posts will contain many shots of our little screamer in her pink velour jogging suit. I just can't seem to narrow them down.) But I'm also including a random array of other photos I snagged this week. Here goes.....
 |
| Look at this big girl......she asked for braids out of the blue on Friday morning and actually kept them in all day. |
 |
| I thought she looked so grown up in this pics. |
 |
| Our little 2 month old. |
 |
| She is an absolute joy (except in the car, and then "a joy" would not be the first words that would come to mind) and I love being at home with her during the mornings. |
 |
| She really never cries (except in the car, where all she does is scream) and has gotten much better about staying occupied in her bouncer while I get a few things accomplished. |
 |
| She is starting to laugh and "talk" so much and is more responsive everyday. |
 |
| She has the best smile and will always smile if you make the motorboat sound for her. |
 |
| She wakes up in such a happy mood. Usually she sleeps while Susannah and I get ready and have breakfast. Then we go in and wake her up and she instantly starts smiling. Susannah entertains her while I get dressed. We actually have a pretty good rhythm going most days. |
 |
| She has really started grabbing things lately (including my hair). |
 |
| And she really likes her activity mat, especially the hanging lion toy. |
 |
| When I remember to do it, she does great with tummy time. |
 |
| We call it her work-out. ;) |
 |
| The weather is starting to turn colder so Susannah got to try out her new winter coat. |
 |
| And Sarah Avery tested her new snuggly car seat cover. (We have abandoned the European style stroller.....nothing beats the BOB.) |
 |
| A character already |
 |
| Three days a week, Sarah Avery and I go for a nice long walk after dropping Susannah at school. She much prefers the Ergo to the stroller, which works out really well considering the hills and stairs that are on my route. |
 |
| It really is no exaggeration that Stuttgart is just as hilly as San Francisco. Lots of hills are so steep, the sidewalks are actually staircases. (Not at all stroller friendly.....another reason I LOVE the Ergo) |
 |
| This hill is super steep.....the picture does not do it justice. But the Fall leaves are just beautiful right now. |
 |
| One of the many city panoramas we enjoy along the way. |
 |
| A new American style mall just opened in our neighborhood, so last Friday I took the girls after school to check it out. Susannah cracked me up.....she has never really been exposed to malls so she kept asking if it was an airport. ;) We bought her a couple of things while Sarah Avery napped in the stroller. It was our first official mother-daughter shopping trip and it made me so happy. I can't wait for many, many more afternoons like this with my girl. |
 |
Any of you who know me well know that crafting is NOT my favorite. Even going into Micheal's gives me anxiety. So when I saw translated the sign-up sheet for parents to come and help their child make a lantern at Susannah's kindergarten, I was not super thrilled. The teacher who led our group is the one who doesn't speak English, so let's just say I was happy that we left with a lantern at least in tact. Definitely not the most impressive in her class, but it functions. (More to come in a couple of weeks about the purpose of the lantern. It is actually a really cute tradition that we are excited to experience.) |
Well, that is it for this week. I'll post Sarah Avery's 2 month check-up stats next week, after our visit to the doctor. One thing I know for sure....she is tall like her mama already. ;) Until then, hope all is well with each of you. And Happy Halloween!
Loved this update!!!! Susannah's lantern looks great!! I love her giraffe outfit!! :) Tell her hi for me!! Sarah Avery is so sweeeeeet!!!!! Happy Halloween!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!
ReplyDelete