Easter 2015 was sweet and fun-filled and left me feeling so thankful. But before I get to those pics, I wanted to share the last few memories of our time with the Campoamors......
 |
| We had several before dinner dance parties, complete with costumes. |
 |
| Shannon made us sushi. It was delicious. |
 |
| We spent one afternoon dying eggs. |
 |
| SA was happy to watch from her seat on the kitchen floor. |
 |
| Everybody had one egg with their name written with the magic pen. |
 |
| The girls chowed down on a couple of the eggs that didn't survive the dying process. |
 |
| After the eggs were finished, we broke out our "Resurrection Eggs" and talked about the reality behind the tradition of celebrating Easter. |
 |
| Sarah Avery hanging with her new friend. |
 |
| Our three bedroom, one bathroom apartment isn't huge, but it should have housed all of us pretty easily. In theory. But Sarah Avery wasn't happy about giving up her crib and room to bunk with Peter and me, so she screamed enough the first few nights that we fled to the fold out sofa in the living room for the remainder of the visit. The bonus of this arrangement was that everybody had a comfy place to watch morning cartoons. |
The Campoamor girls left on Saturday morning before Easter. Thank you guys for all the fun memories!
After saying good-bye to our friends, it was time to get ready for the Easter Bunny! Here are the pictures from our first Easter as a family of four........
 |
| Per Mallory family tradition, the Easter Bunny left his footprints when he visited. |
 |
| In addition to candy, he brought some new beach goods for our upcoming family trips. |
 |
| SA isn't really allowed to have candy yet, but the Easter bunny figured that Peter and I could eat hers. He was right. ;) |
 |
| Susannah was so excited to find "big girl flip flops." |
 |
| She was also excited to eat chocolate at 7:30 am. |
 |
| SA loved pulling everything out of her basket. |
 |
| "Are you sure I can't have just one bunny, Mommy?" |
 |
| Laughing with her Daddy. |
 |
| Cutest Easter bunny I've ever seen. |
 |
| Doing the Resurrection Eggs with Daddy. (Susannah loves these and asks to play with them everyday. If I'm honest, I thought this idea was a little cheesy and was very hesitant when I ordered them. But they have turned out to be such a great way to keep Jesus and his resurrection central to our Easter season.) |
 |
| After breakfast we got everybody dressed in their new Easter dresses. (I broke down and put SA in her first hair bow. She didn't seem to mind it and kept it on all day.) |
 |
| Oh these girls. My heart is full. |
 |
| They love each other so much already. Watching them together is one of my all time favorite things. |
 |
| Love SA's face in this one. |
 |
| I'm not sure I managed to snag one where they are both looking and smiling. |
 |
| Definitely looking at Daddy in this one. |
 |
| I know it is excessive, but I just couldn't snapping. :) |
 |
| No words. |
 |
| Love their little profiles in this one. |
 |
| With Daddy. |
 |
| And Mommy. |
 |
| Susannah was over the pictures by this time. |
After church and a little lunch and outfit change at home, we headed over to a good friend's house for cake and coffee and an Easter egg hunt. It was such a fun afternoon.
 |
| Susannah and Nora were ready to go find some eggs. |
 |
| But first they thought they should have a few silly shots. |
 |
| These two have so much fun together. |
 |
| And have a common love for all things princess and pink. ;) |
 |
| And they're off! |
 |
| Susannah was searching for the purple eggs. |
 |
| "Here's one Mommy!" |
 |
| Each child had several eggs with candy, a toy and a sticker-book to find. Susannah had a ball! |
 |
| It was pretty chilly, but the blue sky made everything feel happy and springlike. |
 |
| Susannah has recently learned to pump her legs on the swing. She loves to go as high as humanly possible. |
 |
| My little bunny and me. |
 |
| The kids had a blast comparing their loot. And eating it. ;) |
 |
| Sarah Avery hanging out with the guys and their beers....so German! We love it. |
 |
| Susannah loves pushing her friends on the swing as much as she loves swinging herself. |
 |
| "Whee!" |
 |
| Friends. |
 |
| Susannah took advantage of a flat car-free street and got in some practice on her bike. |
 |
| Definitely one of the downfalls of living where we do. It is way too urban and hilly to let her go like we did in these pictures. She loves it though. |
 |
| After the hunt, we came inside for a yummy soup and salad supper. Feeling at home here in Stuttgart definitely took a good long while, but when I think about this afternoon with these friends, I am so grateful that this is our home. |
I hope all of you had equally happy Easters. We missed all of our US friends and family very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment