Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring Weather and New Teeth

Peter was working out of town all last week, so we had lots of girl time.   Luckily the weather was amazing so that helped us pass the time outside while we waited for Daddy to return.    In other news, SA has officially gotten her first tooth.   She has been quite the cranky one the past couple of days.   (Luckily she didn't really start that until Daddy was home.)  ;)   Here are the highlights of our week......

Sarah Avery still hasn't crawled, but she is working on her form.    She face plants often from the sitting position which is always dramatic.   I have a feeling my life is about to get a lot more exciting as soon as she takes off......

She usually plays with toys while Susannah eats breakfast.

Last Saturday, Peter was already gone so the girls and I went out to lunch.    SA slept through most of it and Susannah and I had the best time.   I am constantly amazed at what a little person she is becoming.   I genuinely enjoy hanging out with her and her company makes me so much less lonely when Peter is away.   

When SA woke up, we kept her entertained with a mum-mum while we finished our lunch.

Then we headed to the park for a little while.

Swinging.    SA loves to swing in my lap and she recently started going down the slide in Susannah's lap too.   

We sent breakfast pics to Daddy most mornings.   

Happy baby.

Sweet sisters.

Even sweeter in their matching dresses from Aunt Liz!

Susannah loves to help feed Sarah Avery.   SA is getting better and better at getting her puffs to her mouth which makes meal time much more pleasant for everybody.

Another shot to send to Daddy.

Susannah set the table this night all by herself and insisted we dine by candlelight.   

"Hmmmm....what do I want to play with this morning??"

Breakfast

Morning ab workout.    Mommy is so mean and puts the toys just out of reach.   

After school one day we headed to the mall to get some new sneakers.    These are the ones she picked.   We had some ice cream in the sun after shopping.   

Friends loaned us this johnny jumper after our jumperoo broke.   SA seems to like it. 

Crazy hair.

Dressed and ready for school.

Spring is most definitely my favorite season in Stuttgart.    The blue sky and bright blooms are so beautiful.

SA and I loved all of our walks this week.

Yay for spring!

We have officially stopped using the infant seat in the stroller and she seems so much happier.   Now we are waiting for the new car seat to arrive.  

Susannah recently started swim lessons and she loves it.  Our goal is to have her swimming independently by summer vacation.    

The indoor pool where her lessons are held is so hot that SA and I wait in the lobby for the majority of the 45 minutes.    I'm thinking about taking this one for a swim one day, but we haven't tried it yet. 

She still sucks her thumb before naps.

It was warm enough last week that she could debut some of her spring dresses. 

Peter came home a day early and Susannah insisted that we throw him a birthday party to welcome him home.   (no matter that it isn't his birthday.;)   Here they are blowing out his candle.  

More spring beauty

Saturday was chilly but still beautiful so we decided we should have our first biergarten visit of 2015.

It was windy and a little chilly, but the view was as gorgeous as we remembered and the beer and pretzels just as tasty as last year!

We tried to take before church photos this morning.....

but didn't get one where they were both looking.

Sweet sisters

I know this blog usually highlights the fun and happy moments, but, if I'm honest, this season is also really challenging.      And some days I feel like all I do is fantasize about when these two will be older and more independent.   But then I look at this picture and I want time to stand still forever. 

After church we headed up to another outdoor eatery in one of our neighborhood parks for coffee and cake. 

It was a little warmer and a truly brilliant spring day.

Susannah played in the fountain while SA napped.   It was perfect.

I told Peter that I think it is probably one of the most beautiful days of the year.  

The sky was bright blue, the sun was warm, the air crisp and sweet smelling.......perfect.
And now it is time for a new week to start.    We hope all of you are well and enjoying spring wherever you are.    Love from Stuttgart!

No comments:

Post a Comment