This weekend ended up being extra special because Peter came home on Saturday which was a week earlier than expected! All three of his girls were so excited to have him home. Here are the pictures from the week.......
 |
| Last Sunday Sarah Avery fell asleep on the way home from church so Susannah and I decided to have a picnic lunch behind our building while SA finished her nap in her car seat. |
 |
| Of course, that didn't last nearly as long as I had hoped, so SA joined us for the second half of our lunch. |
 |
I think we may have had our nine month growth spurt this week because she wasn't sleeping well.
|
 |
| And she was eating and drinking like a champ. |
 |
| Best way to remedy a sleep deprived week??? ICE CREAM. |
 |
| And Starbucks. By Friday I was at what we can safely call my wit's end. Single parenting is no joke. And it is even less of a joke when your baby isn't sleeping well. I think SA sensed that I needed a reprieve though because on Friday morning she took a two+ hour nap in the stroller while I walked around downtown and enjoyed the sunshine. It's amazing what a couple of quiet hours will do for a mama's soul. |
 |
| Before we knew it though, it was time to go get this big girl at school. We went by the bakery for our Friday afternoon pretzel. |
 |
| And then we came home to cook dinner. This little fairy jumped around the kitchen and kept her sister entertained while I cooked. |
 |
| SA's growth spurt quickly morphed into teething episode #2. Overnight, she went from eating everything I put in front of her to refusing everything I put in front of her. On this night, she had thrown all of her food on the floor. |
 |
| But then, when I sat her down on the floor for a second to clear the table before sweeping, she started chowing down. Apparently it is more fun to eat off the floor than in a highchair. If this had been Susannah I would have freaked out. But since she is the second child, my response was "Bon App kiddo!" |
 |
| Saturday morning Daddy came home bearing lots of gifts, the highlight of which was this Elsa dress that sings and lights up. |
 |
| Susannah was beside herself. |
 |
| SA was excited to hang out with Daddy too. |
 |
| He dove right in and started reading to his girls despite his jet lag. |
 |
Later that afternoon, we headed to the biergarten and stopped to make a wish in this fountain on the way home.
|
 |
| Tackling the hike to the biergarten. Susannah was so happy to have Daddy home, she talked the entire way. |
 |
| Daddy let Sarah Avery try a bite of our blueberry cake. |
 |
| Jumping from the highest step she could without breaking her neck. |
 |
| Sidewalk chalk. Daddy drew a giraffe. |
 |
| Susannah made dinner......pizza! |
 |
| Sunday morning before church. Is it me or does she look like she is 12 in this picture?? |
 |
| After church we headed out of the city for a little afternoon hike. |
 |
| We did this hike when we first moved here. It was so crazy to think that Susannah was only 2 years old then. |
 |
| If I remember correctly, that day, Peter ended up carrying her for a lot of the walk. Not this year. |
 |
| This year, she led the pack the entire 3k. |
 |
| Everything was so peaceful and so so green. |
 |
| Picking a flower. |
 |
| Peter said this view looked like a puzzle and it was true. It did. |
 |
| After our walk, we headed to a little lodge for some coffee and cake. |
 |
| The playground was right off the terrace so it worked out perfectly. |
 |
| SA even got to swing like a big girl. |
 |
| And slide. |
That's it for this week. Happy Memorial Day to everyone. We love and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment