Monday, May 11, 2015

Grammy is here!

Happy Mother's Day!    This year Mother's Day was extra special for me because I was with my Mom, which is a rare occasion for us.    She arrived on Saturday and the girls have been having a ball with their beloved Grammy.    Here are a few pics from last week and the first couple of days of Mom's visit......

I promise to stop with all the nature pictures eventually, but I just can't help myself.  

This spring has seemed extra beautiful and has made my morning and afternoon walks with Sarah Avery extra nice and enjoyable.

Since Peter knew he would be out of town for Mother's Day, he kept the girls last Saturday and I went out to celebrate just the way I wanted......alone.    With Sushi.   And a beer.   And a pedicure.   And I even used the massage gift certificate I got for Christmas.   And nobody asked me to wipe their bottom or make them a snack.   It was the perfect afternoon.   ;)

Then last Sunday afternoon we had a playdate/coffee at our neighbor's apartment and Susannah made this crown, which she has worn everyday since.   

In other news, this one is practicing her crawling technique everyday.

And is enjoying making huge messes with her food in her new highchair.  

Susannah has grown seemingly overnight.   When I took this picture, I almost cried at how grown up she looked.

One of the craziest mysteries of parenthood for me is how time can simultaneously drag so slowly and fly by so quickly.   How is that possible?

Next thing I know, she will be going to college.   AAGHH.   Be still my heart.

Saturday morning, we dropped Peter off at the airport and picked Grammy up all in one easy trip.    

Grammy was so excited to play with these two, she pushed right through her jet lag.    

For Mother's Day, we went to church and then headed up to the biergarten to enjoy the perfect spring weather. 

Susannah loves her Grammy.

Sarah Avery napped for part of our afternoon, but woke up in time to watch big sissy play with Grammy on the playground.   

She loved watching the merry go round.

"That looks like fun!"

"Wheeeee!"

This wild child has discovered the art of spitting out her food for entertainment purposes.    It makes such a mess, but her expression is so hilarious.   

It takes major mommy self control not to laugh.    She is quite the little character these days.   That is putting it mildly.   ;)  But she and her big sister fill this mama's heart with so much joy.    Being their mom is better than anything I ever could have hoped for my life.   And I'm so grateful.  

Sending all our hugs and love to all of the Mamas in our life.    We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment