Monday, June 22, 2015

A Visit from Shoo-Shoo

Last week was relaxing and fun.    Peter's mom (our beloved Shoo-Shoo) arrived just a couple of hours after we returned from Greece and we were so excited to see her.   Since she had also spent the last week traveling, we all settled in for a nice, slow-paced week.    A sign that I truly embraced the relaxed mood of the week is the almost complete absence of pictures.    Peter, Sarah Avery and I all ended up with colds by the end of the week, which made our activity-free agenda even more necessary.    After Shoo Shoo left Saturday morning, the girls and I continued nursing our colds.   Sunday we were ready to leave hibernation though, so we headed to church and to a little festival that was being held at the church across from our apartment.   Here are the very few pictures from the week......

Shoo-Shoo brought Susannah this beautiful dress which she debuted at church last Sunday.   (Shoo Shoo also brought an awesome flamenco dress from her trip to Madrid, but I haven't taken a picture of it yet.   Even though Susannah did some major dancing in it already.)
Silly faces

Back to school in our pigtails.

Backpack?   check.   Snack?  check.   Growing up way way way too fast?   check.

Sadly, this is the only picture I took of Shoo Shoo with the girls.   They had so much fun together though.   She watched SA for me almost every single morning and they played zoo together.    Susannah is still talking about how much she misses Shoo Shoo.


Lunchtime craziness in our Elsa dress.

Those are her "Elsa hands" that freeze things.  

This one has refused to eat anything other than cheerios for an entire week now.   I'm hoping it is related to her cold and will return to normal soon because at 10 months, the clock is ticking.    

Susannah and I played house all afternoon while Sarah Avery napped.    I was Susannah and Susannah was Mommy.

My best attempt at a pre-church picture.  

We spent the afternoon at the church across from our apartment.   They hosted a huge summer festival with games and crafts and food.   This little ride was Susannah's favorite.   

She loved it last year too.   

After the festival, we came home to make chocolate chips pancakes for dinner.   

As evidenced by the chocolate all over the faces, I think they were a hit.  
And that is it for our week.    One last big thank you to Shoo Shoo for all of her help and such a wonderful visit!    And a big congratulations to my cousin Andy and his brand new wife Nicole on their wedding this past weekend.   We love you!    

No comments:

Post a Comment