Monday, June 29, 2015

Just the Three of Us

As I type this post, Peter is somewhere over the Atlantic, on his way home to us.   He has been gone for two weeks now and his girls are so excited about his homecoming!    Last week was pretty low key and uneventful.   While we always miss Daddy when he is away, we also enjoy our girl time.......less laundry + less cooking = more time for playing!   We also had time to catch up with some friends over skype which was looong over-due and so fun.   Here are the pictures from the week:

SA is growing and changing right before our eyes.   She understands so much and is so curious. 

Showing Daddy how much she misses him.

I snagged some sushi for lunch on grocery store day.

And ate it picnic style on the tailgate of our car while this one finished her nap.   

A good morning picture for Daddy in our nightgown .  

SA loves to play with the doctor's kit.   It is one of her favorite toys.

Susannah had her first school picture day last week.   They had individual shots and a group picture of her group, the mouse group.    She wanted to show Daddy her outfit.   

I think we may have experienced a bit of a breakthrough in regards to this one's eating.   After talking to a friend I researched some alternatives to traditional baby food and it seems to be working.    She ate an entire piece of spinach pizza a couple of days ago and I'm counting that as a win.  

She finally figured out how to get in the playhouse by herself and she loves it.   What a big girl!

Selfie for Daddy.

Ready for school!

Four has been, hands down, my favorite age.   I am cherishing every single second because I know this sweet phase won't last forever. 

This wild child is a different story.   While some moments, and even entire days, are sweet, I rarely find myself mourning the loss of this stage.   This stage is tough.   Especially during diaper changes.   And meal times.   And days when we miss our nap.   

But during the sweet moments, I could hug and kiss these little cheeks forever.   

I know this is blurry, but I had to include it because it reflects how much Susannah loves ballet.   She takes it so seriously and looks forward to her class all week.

Friday afternoon ice cream.

And a pretzel for this one.

Saturday morning Susannah was beside herself because I told her she could wear her Elsa dress on our bakery run.   

SA was excited too because she always loves a fresh pretzel.

We baby-sat some friends later that day and had the best time.   We watched Mr. Rogers, ate popcorn and had a dance party.

Then we headed out to the park.   It was a gorgeous day.   

Keeping this one on the blanket and sand out of her mouth is a challenge though. 

Our friends brought Susannah a craft kit and she spent the rest of the weekend working on it.  

Eating something other than puffs!!!   Victory!!

More crafting.   

She most certainly did not get the crafting gene from her mama!

Posing with all of her finished products.   

A picture to send to Daddy before church.

This was the last supper without Daddy.   

And SA actually ate a banana.   Winning!
So that was our week.   We hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the summer.   Happy Independence Day to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment