Last week was mercifully cool and often cloudy, which we loved. We enjoyed as much time outside as we could since we knew the hot weather was coming back soon enough. Here are the highlights of our week:
 |
| Sarah Avery and I found a new playground in our neighborhood that has a baby swing. |
 |
She loved it.
|
 |
| She is becoming more and more of a dare-devil, as evidenced by this photo. Why get toys out of the toy box when you can just get into the toy box yourself? |
 |
| Susannah wore her sparkly tutu to ballet. And refused to take a sweet smiling picture. |
 |
| But she did show me a couple of her moves. |
 |
| She looks so grown up. I can't believe it sometimes. |
 |
| I think I have finally broken the code with this one in regards to eating. She eats really well if the food is salty and has meat,(She clearly takes after her father on that one.),and if it is what everybody else at the table is eating. She hates fruit, but loves turkey burgers. And as you can see in this picture, spaghetti was a huge hit. |
 |
| This week she ate quiche, pizza, and chicken tacos too. |
 |
| But she still refuses all berries, avocado, and baby food. She is getting three new teeth, so hopefully that will help in the eating department as well. |
 |
| On Saturday, Peter helped some friends of ours move, so the girls and I met some friends at a little zoo that is on an island in the middle of the Neckar River. |
 |
| We had so much fun, but I would say that the biggest highlight was feeding popcorn to the goats. |
 |
| Susannah giggled for twenty minutes straight as she fed them piece by piece. |
 |
| They were pretty aggressive and knocked her bucket a couple of times. |
 |
| So fun! |
 |
| Sarah Avery loved it too. |
 |
| I know this is a lot of pictures of goat feeding, but it was so funny and cute, I couldn't help myself. |
 |
| Sarah Avery was giggling right along with her sister. |
 |
| So was mommy if I'm honest. |
 |
| Fun. Fun. |
 |
| After the goats, we headed along the path that winds around the little pond. We saw pigs, snakes, lots of birds, rabbits, swans and ducks, ferrets, and donkeys. |
 |
| We even caught a little show where the donkeys performed tricks. |
 |
| The kids liked the colorful birds. |
 |
| And they liked the lollipops we bought them too. |
 |
| They had so much fun and ran off so much energy. It was perfect. |
 |
| We hung out here for a long time and the kids "raced". |
 |
| Sunday morning before church picture. |
 |
| I couldn't get one of Susannah looking at me. |
 |
| And when I tried to get a few more shots, it quickly turned into a game of chase. |
 |
| photo session officially over. ;) |
And that was our week. Susannah is out of school for the month of August, but we still have busy days scheduled because this week is Vacation Bible School at our church. The theme is Mt. Everest, which is funny because it is supposed to be 99 degrees this week. And since our church isn't air conditioned, I don't know if the kids are going to get the full Everest experience. ;) Hope all of you are doing well. We love and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment