Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Easter 2017

The past week has been busy and exciting and fun-filled.   It was spring break week for the girls so we flew down to Georgia to see the grandparents for a couple of days.   Then Peter and I left the girls there and flew back north to New York City for a little kid-free vacation.    It was amazing and I will post another blog with all of our pictures later this week.   But first, here are a few pictures from before our trip and all of our Easter pictures from after our return.

Susannah had the friday before spring break off from school so while Sarah Avery was at school, she and I headed off to get pedicures and try out the new donut shop.   Duck Donuts........they don't mess around.  Susannah chose lemon glaze with oreo topping and I had to restrain myself from eating it all.   

That afternoon we decided it was finally time for this one's first haircut.   Do you see how excited she was?   Luckily they let her sit on my lap.   

Susannah had her hair trimmed too.   Here are the finished products.  

SA was so proud.   And she looks so much more grown up now.  Which I simultaneously love and hate.   
Now fast-foward through spring break......

We returned home Friday afternoon in time to unpack and get re-settled and ready to enjoy our Easter weekend.    We kicked things off with a pancake breakfast and egg hunt at our church on Saturday  morning.   These two were ready to go!

Pancakes were yummy!

Then it was time for some crafting.   They made these adorable flower pots.

Then it was time for the egg hunts.   The preschoolers were separated from the big kids so it would be fair.   This picture sums up how Sarah Avery felt about egg hunting without Susannah.  ;)

Susannah, on the other hand, was super pumped and ready to hunt!!



And SA's smiles returned as soon as she was reunited with her big sister. 

These two........

After our egg hunt, it was time to go home and dye some of our own eggs!

Both of the girls loved this.   

It's so fun now that Sarah Avery is old enough to really participate in the holiday traditions.   

Saturday night the Easter Bunny came!!


The girls were so excited to unpack their baskets on Sunday  morning.  

I love Sarah Avery's face in this picture!

As usual, the Easter bunny brought some new swimsuits and flip flops and sunscreen.   The girls had to try them on right away.  

And then it was time for church.   The girls were so happy to finally get to wear their dresses from Uncle Hollis' wedding.

We trespassed in a neighbor's yard to get these shots with the beautiful azaleas.  
 


The girls picked these on our walk to church.   

After church, it was time for brunch in Old Town.

We had a beautiful table.

The girls loved it. 


And since we beat the crowd, they even had room for a little after brunch dancing.  




We spent the rest of the day relaxing with Meadow, playing in the backyard and skyping with our families.  
I told Peter that yesterday was one of my most favorite days ever.   And I meant it.  All day, as I looked at our happy, healthy girls and my handsome, hilarious husband,  I felt my breath catch in my throat at the realization that dreams I didn't even know I had for myself have come true.   And as I stood in church singing the old resurrection hymns, I was struck by the truth that God really does make all things new.   He really does make all things beautiful.   Always in his perfect timing, and almost never the way we expected, but the resurrection is so much more than that one moment 2000 years ago.   It is something that he offers us everyday.   Beauty from ashes, life after death, and the birth of dreams so deeply buried in our hearts, we didn't even realize they existed.  He has risen!   And if we simply believe, we will rise with him.   Not just after life, but right this minute and every single minute after.   Even among all the violence and hate and racism and injustice, he will keep resurrecting us until the kingdom fully comes to Earth.   It may take longer and look completely different than we want, but love and life will triumph over evil and death.   What we celebrated yesterday is that it already has.   I hope that this promise fills your heart with hope this week.   We love you all.   Happy Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment