Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Our January

January has been exciting and very wintry.  We welcomed the newest member of the family and enjoyed a big snowstorm.   And Peter and I started language training last week, so it has been a full few weeks.  Here are the photos....

Susannah was ecstatic to go to Pet Smart and pick out her last Christmas gift, Benny the hamster.

I was vehemently opposed to this idea, but after a few weeks I have to admit that I'm glad I was over-ruled.  He is a sweet little thing and the girls adore him.   

In other news, we had our first big snowstorm this year and it was legit.   Over 10 inches fell and it was beautiful.

These three were dressed and ready to play at 8 am.  

Mama stayed inside so I was able to snap this picture of them returning from their neighborhood exploration for the best sledding hill.

Eventually I got dressed and we headed out to sled.

It was really, really fun.

Susannah must have gone at least 25 times.

Peter kept the fire going and we had hot cocoa and homemade rice crispy treats.
 
Day 2 of snow fun was just as exciting.

Peter and the girls built a snowman.  

He was surprisingly still a Georgia fan, despite the bowl game humiliation. 

Peter decided to add a few accessories to give him a Bird Box flair.

We started our language training, so studying and flashcards are a new part of our normal routine.

We have also been doing some baking......the girls like watching The Kids Baking Championship on Food Network for inspiration. 

And that is it for us these days.   We hope all is well with all of you.   We send all of our love and hugs from Alexandria.

No comments:

Post a Comment