We are halfway though February and I'm realizing that I haven't posted anything in close to a month. With Peter and me both in language training, we are adjusting to the new normal of having two working parents. The result of this has been that time seems to fly even faster. It has been a good month though, full of Saturday morning basketball games, a girl's trip for me, and lots of Valentine's Day fun. Here are the pictures.....
 |
| Russian flash cards have started to slowly take over our house....... |
 |
| And Susannah's little basektball team is improving every week. They still haven't won a game, but they are having so much fun, they don't seem to care about the lop-sided score board. ;) |
 |
| Sarah Avery had her friend Delaney over one afternoon and they had a ball with the dress up closet. |
 |
| Winter weather ruined Susannah's plan for a mommy-daughter lunch date on her teacher workday, so I made it up to her by taking her out to brunch after her basketball game. It was our ideal morning......french toast and book shopping. She picked out a book about Michelle Obama. |
 |
| The girls have been playing matching games together lately. Sarah Avery is finally at the age where games are fun. This day they had a floor picnic while they played. |
 |
| SA finished a six week session of swim lessons and moved up to the next level, so I treated her to her first ever Blizzard. She chose butter-finger (because she is her mother's daughter) and it was love at first taste. |
 |
| I had the great privilege of spending a weekend with friends in Ocean City, Maryland. This was our amazing view. |
 |
| Peter held down the fort here and he and the girls had lots of fun. SA is showing off the tattoos that came with the valentine's cards she gave to her classmates. |
 |
| Meanwhile, my friends and I were live-streaming the If Gathering (a christian women's conference) with this sunset view as our backdrop. |
 |
| SA was so excited because that weekend she received a letter and handmade card from her best friend who moved to Tel Aviv. |
 |
| Our conference concluded on Saturday late afternoon, so we headed out for drinks and dinner. |
 |
| We had the best time and it was extra special because me oldest friend, Lyndsey, flew in from Tennessee to join us. |
 |
| The girls had so much fun with their Daddy, but we were all excited to see each other when I returned late Sunday afternoon. |
 |
| Sarah Avery's school had their annual Muffins with Mom event last week. For our family it was actually Muffins with Dad because Mommy had class. |
 |
| But we made up for it on Wednesday, Sarah Avery's day off from school when I don't have class, when we baked this beautiful cake for her Valentine's Day Party. |
 |
| On Valentine's Day morning, the girls were so excited to open their valentine's treats and cards from us and their grandparents. |
 |
| And Sarah Avery was delighted by her discovery of Fun Dip. One of her classmates gave it out and she was an instant fan. |
 |
| This month has also marked a great big transition as we have stopped taking the stroller when we walk Susannah to and from school. SA has become quite the little dare-devil on her balance bike and she handles the 1.2 mile round-trip ride with ease. That stroller has been with us for over 8 years. I think I may cry when we give it away. |
And now I should sign off and go do some listening exercises. Hope all is well with each of you. We love and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment