Friday, July 26, 2019

Summertime

We have been enjoying lots of summer fun here in Alexandria the last few weeks.  Here are the photos:

My Mother's Day/Birthday present was a weekend trip to visit some of my oldest and best friends.  I flew to Atlanta on a Thursday evening and spent a good long while in the Delta lounge due to delays.  A good book and cold beer kept me occupied though.  

And after all of that crazy weather rolled through, I finally made it out of DC.

Peter and the girls had a great Daddy/Daughter weekend while I was away.  On Friday they went to the other Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.  

This one is even larger than the one on the mall and has an actual space shuttle inside.

The girls had so much fun sitting in different cock-pits.  

And then Daddy took them to their favorite restaurant....Red Lobster.   They were too busy with their popcorn shrimp to smile.  ;)

Meanwhile we were enjoying an amazing spa day at a resort on Lake Oconee.  We had the best weather and enjoyed 72 hours of uninterrpted talking.  It was glorious.  

I came home on Sunday just in time for the girls and I to jump into VBS week at our church.  

We all had a fun week.  I taught the 5th and 6th graders.  

VBS was in the mornings which meant Susannah was able to attend Robotics camp at our local high school.  

She worked all week building her very own rocket.

On the last day of camp, the campers  launched their rockets on the football field.  

The whole family came to watch and were so proud when Susannah's rocket went 162 feet!



We had super hot weather last weekend so a day at the pool was in order.  

Sarah Avery has become a good swimmer and can manage the deep end now.


These silly girls have had another busy week.  Susannah is in music camp at our church and Sarah Avery is doing another local VBS.

We have been walking Sarah Avery to her camp in the mornings because the weather has cooled off and it is beautiful.  
Sisters......I'm so thankful for how much these two love each other.  They definitely have their fighting moments, but overall they are such good friends and I love watching their relationship grow as they mature.  



And there you have the Mallory Family update for July.   We hope all of you are having happy summers.  We look forward to seeing some of you really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment