Sunday, March 15, 2020

Our Last Weeks of Normalcy

As I write this post, we are officially hunkered down at home, all set up for home schooling to start tomorrow.  And now that we have watched church this morning in our pjs on the couch, I decided to share some pictures of our last couple of weeks.  It is so crazy to think about how two weeks ago we had no idea what was looming.  Peter will be teleworking and I will be here teaching the girls, so the family togetherness will be at levels we have never yet experienced. Fingers are crossed that won't be more deadly than COVID-19.  ;) 

Susannah and Peter finished their second basketball season together.  


We had a great pizza party after the last game, but it was so much fun, this horrible picture is the only one we took.  

I gave Peter a Top Golf gift card for Christmas and we cashed it in one weekend.  

It may have been our favorite date night ever. 

We definitely want to go back.

We are still having fires any night it is cool enough.

We had a teacher work day for voting so I took the girls to a cool indoor playground called Badlands.  

And last weekend I went with some friends to Ocean City Maryland so these two had a fun weekend with Daddy.

We had an awesome beach house and had some blueberry bread for breakfast one morning that Susannah had made for us.  

Meanwhile, Susannah was taking care of Benny back home. 

We had a great night out at an amazing restaurant. 

The best part was having Lyndsey with us from Tennessee!

We mostly had windy rainy weather, but on our last day it cleared up and we went for a walk on the boardwalk.  These people were baptizing people in the freezing ocean. 

Meanwhile, we had on our artic coats.  

This was the view from our house.  It was really beautiful.

Sarah Avery's teacher sent me these pics from school last week.  She loves school so much.

These are her two besties....Caroline and McKenna.  She is sad to be missing so much school.

But I have cancelled my language training while they are out of school (currently 4 weeks) and I am ready to put my teacher hat back on.  I set up our classroom yesterday.  

Complete with schedules to keep us on our toes.  

We hope all of you are adjusting to this new normal.  We love and miss you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment