Thursday, May 14, 2009


Tomorrow I will receive the absolute best birthday present ever, a 16 day trek across France with Peter. We are so excited to practice our French and experience the culture of all the different regions of the country. Peter has organized an awesome itinerary that starts in the northeast of the country with the Beaches of Normandy and ends in the French Alps. As we have experienced a little case of "beach withdrawal" since leaving Jacksonville, we are going to spend a total of 8 of our days in two different beach towns in the south. We are hoping to have internet access at least a couple of times so that we can update the blog with new pictures, and, most likely, some funny stories.

I'm including a picture in this post of our large and luxurious rental car. Hopefully all of our reservations pan out, because I'm pretty sure sleeping in it would be quite the tight squeeze. Hope all of you are doing well!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Whitney! I hope you guys can make it to Nice! It is one of my favorite European cities. Let me know if you make it to Provence, as the lavender should be in bloom. If so, you will see purple EVERYWHERE! Can't wait to read more about your trip. Enjoy! Love, Christi, Matt, and Blueberry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are quite the adventurers. That is so neat how you guys get to see everything most people only see in magazines and in movies. I had dinner with the French here the other night at their little resort and the French definitely know how to live- even in Djibouti. Keep the posts coming, its so cool reading all about the stuff you guys are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Whitney! We are happy to see you guys are having so much fun! Josh and I are jealous of your beautiful apartment and city! Can't wait to see the pictures from your next trip!
    Josh and Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney -

    Happy Birthday. Great news. When you get to the beach town you can always roll up the windows and fill that car with ice, some baguettes and a case of beer for Pete and you're all set.

    That's awesome.

    I hope you're having fun. We enjoy the blog.

    Cheers.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete