Well folks, we made it to Strasbourg and it is amazing here! We arrived to see sunny skies and warm temperatures, totally different than Paris (which was chilly and cloudy). To say that we love Strasbourg is an complete understatement. The first night in Strasbourg was spent at a hotel because I couldn't convince Whitney to sleep on hardwood floors and shower with no hot water. Thankfully we knew this in advance. So, yesterday we received our air freight and we have an air mattress and other items which are essential in everyday life in france (dishes, clothes, several bottle openers, etc.)
Last night was our first night in our apartment. I hate to say it but I have gotten turned around a couple of times. Moving from 600 sq/ft to more than 2,000 is quite an adjustment, for the better. Our favorite part of the apartment is the balcony overlooking the park and the river Ill. We have eaten all our meals out here and thanks to WIFI we can use the computer on the balcony as well.
What a beautiful glimpse of your new life! The balcony looks like the happiest place in the history of places!
ReplyDelete