We are in here in Paris and beside ourselves with excitement! If you have already gotten this post, our apologies, but Peter deleted the entire post in an attempt to turn the Eiffel Tower picture. So, I'm doing this post for the 2nd time. Sorry! Blame my technologically savvy husband! :)
Anyway, we are here and having an amazing time, as this is both mine and Peter's first time in Paris. As promised, we checked the first part of the visit off the list right away.....The Eiffel Tower......both during the day and at night. The lines were insane, but all the craziness is so worth the view. I've included a pic from the top and of us enjoying the light show at night. We have tried to hit at least some of the other "must sees." We have eaten some crepes, climbed to the top of the Arc de Triomphe, we're going to the Louvre today, and last night we had dinner in Montemartre.
Montemartre was my favorite. The neighborhood is on the tallest hill in Paris, so the views from the park at the top are so worth the climb through the steep, narrow streets. Everyone is drinking and picnicking at the top and everyone has their dogs with them. I loved it! We had dinner at a great little restaurant there and for some added entertainment, we enjoyed watching the filming of a French sit-com right outside our window. The episode was making fun of the Parisian police and the guys who sale all the cheap souvenirs on the streets. It was hilarious to watch.
We will be heading "home" to Strasbourg tomorrow and are so excited to see our apartment again and start getting things set up. We hope you all are doing well and we hope to hear from everybody soon!
I am sad that I didn't get to call you before you left, but I'm sure you were super busy getting ready anyway. I miss you so much more knowing that you are not in the country, but I am so excited for the two of you. Let me know when you have contact information so that I can call you and we can catch up. Your pictures look great, and I am excited to see more!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to do everything in Paris that you wanted! Can't wait to call and talk when you all get settled. Love you both!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth