Last Friday the Mallory family headed northeast, to the country, to find some pumpkins and get into the fall spirit. While the 80 degree temperature didn't fit perfectly into the fall festival theme of the day, we still had an amazing time. We were so happy to be having such a fun family day that Peter and I were a little crazy with the picture taking. So prepare yourself for lots and lots of pictures of Susannah with pumpkins. ;) And another warning......I was having trouble with the picture uploading, so the shots are all out of order. But, they are adorable and totally worth the time.
 |
| "I think I want that one!" |
 |
| Being silly with Daddy. |
 |
| Look at all the pumpkins! And they are all only $6 each. |
 |
| "I don't know, maybe I like this one better?" |
 |
| Helping Daddy with our purchases. |
 |
| This property is actually a nut farm and they just put on this big pumpkin patch every Fall. It is so beautiful and such a great atmosphere. |
 |
| "Maybe we should just get all of these mommy." |
 |
| "We've got our wheelbarrow.....Now let's go fill it up with some pumpkins!" |
 |
| All the pumpkin picking action made us hungry so we headed in to the little country store and bought some treats. |
 |
| Turns out Susannah loves candy corn just like her mama. |
 |
| Another fun highlight of the day was Susannah's first pony ride!! |
 |
| And a petting zoo. |
 |
| Susannah's favorite part was when she terrorized the ducks. |
 |
| Right after this is when we gracefully made our exit from the petting zoo area. |
 |
| But not before we met a little baby goat. |
 |
| Susannah was very brave on the pony ride. |
 |
| Her pony's name was Sonny. |
 |
| Laughing at the chickens in the petting zoo. (See, I warned you they were out of order.) |
 |
| This was lap one of the pony ride.....still a little nervous. |
 |
| But by the end, she was riding like a pro. |
 |
| The farm was decorated with all sorts of fun scarecrows. |
 |
| Of course, this one was Peter's favorite. |
 |
They were all really neat though.
|
 |
| Susannah had too many things to explore to have time for a photo op with Mommy. |
 |
| Here was the tractor for the hay ride. Susannah LOVES tractors so she was excited. |
 |
| Our only family picture from the day. |
 |
| Bates Nut Farm.......highly recommend it for Fall fun in San Diego. |
 |
| Susannah and I played chase, our favorite game. Much more fun for Mommy at the pumpkin patch than at the grocery store. |
 |
"Alright....I've got our goods. Let's load up in the car and eat candy corn on the way home!"
|
I hope everybody has a great weekend! Next week we will post Halloween pictures. Susannah is going to be Curious George and Daddy is going to be the man in the yellow hat. Fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment