Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Susannah has an announcement!

She wants to tell everybody that she is going to be the........
(read her t-shirt carefully.)
 
 Yep.   That's right!   Susannah is going to be a BIG SISTER!!!!

 And she is excited!  
 
 We are at 13 weeks now and the baby is set to arrive somewhere in mid August.    That means I'll be fully pregnant during the hottest part of the year in the land of no AC, so that was definitely great planning on our part.  ;)    Peter says that by having our first child in France and our second in Germany he is truly doing his part, not only professionally, but also physically, to unite US and Europe.
 
It's been a while since I posted any pictures of Susannah so here are a few that we have taken the past couple of weeks....
 
In a "who wore it better" contest, I think the clear winner would be .....

this young lady.  

We watched "Beauty and the Beast" for the first time last weekend and now her Belle dress is her favorite. 

Twirling

We have been lucky to have a few sunny days and we soak up every single ray we can.   Oh how we miss the California sun!

Susannah had already outgrown her house-shoes for kindergarten, (have I posted about how all the kids wear house-shoes at school to keep the classrooms more sanitary?) so we bought her some new ones. 

And a new rain suit.   Until now she was definitely the ragamuffin on the playground with her mismatched rain pants and too-small-to-fit-over-her-winter-coat rain-jacket.   So we went shopping and bought her this delightful ensemble.   She was so excited to have one "just like her friends!"   Now she can look like a part sumo-wrestler, part fireman like all the other kids on the playground.  

Please notice the pink crown that she insisted on wearing for these photos. 

Tea parties are still one of her favorite activites.   And Daddy is such a great sport about attending all of them.

Cruising

She is starting to get the hang of it outside too, but she is much more confident on the flat ground of our dining room.  The brakes are still a little confusing for her, so Stuttgart and its hills aren't the safest place to ride.  ;) 


Another day, another tea party!

Shoo-Shoo bought Susannah this plant when she was here and Susannah was so excited when it finally "boomed."   She would tell it how beautiful it was daily. 

She still loves helping Mommy in the kitchen. 

This day we made some spinach rolls.

Being silly in Mommy's cool hat.

Such a character.

A funny character. 

But a sweet character too!
Well, that's it for now.   We love you all and are so excited that we could finally share the big news!  

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Whitney, Peter, and Susannah! Such great news! Also, I love the picture of Peter having a tea party. Such a good daddy to a little girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome!! Congratulations!! <3 I bet S is going to loooove being a big sister. What I love even more though is that we will have "twins"!!! Our baby is due mid August too!!! YAYAYAY! I am jealous though you get to deliver in Germany (my best delivery yet!!! The best part of it all... the midwife that comes to your house for weeks AFTER the baby has been born! I miss those German perks ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! This is so exciting!!! Just wish we were all together to celebrate!!! What a blessing Whitney! We are so happy for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is late, but I haven't read any blogs in months. Congratulations on the new little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Whitney!!!! I'm so excited and happy for your family!! :) Suzanna is going to be a fantastic big sister and both your sweet kiddos have the world's greatest mom!
    We love and miss you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete