Tomorrow will be Sarah Avery's 3 week birthday and so far, we are having a great week. The sleeping is slowly but surely getting better. We had a 5 1/2 hour stretch a couple of nights ago. She is starting to be so much more alert when she is awake and is already holding up her little head for short intervals. I've been managing to get Susannah to school in the mornings which has boosted my confidence that after Aunt Nancy leaves, I may actually be able to run this 4-man ship somewhat successfully. ;) Here are the pics from this week.........
 |
| Bright eyes. |
 |
| Susannah's favorite books to read to her sister are "Eight Silly Monkeys" and "Baby's Valentine". |
 |
| I snapped this one when she was in my arms. Such a sweet little cuddle partner. |
 |
| Saturday morning pj and cartoon time. Three girls eagerly awaiting the pancakes that Daddy was making for breakfast. |
 |
| On Saturday Peter and Susannah played with sidewalk chalk and made a hopscotch board. |
 |
| Susannah was so excited to learn this new game. |
 |
| After hopscotch time, we headed to a brewery in our neighborhood for a little festival that they were hosting to kick off the October-fest season. |
 |
| This little german ordered sausage and spatzle of course. |
 |
| The band was super loud, but this one slept through the entire afternoon. |
 |
| Susannah was a little scared of the life size bunny that was walking around for the kids, but when we headed over to the children's area, she warmed up. |
 |
| Her favorite part was definitely these tractors they had for the kids to ride. |
 |
| We had planned to go to church on Sunday morning, but the night wasn't the most restful and we decided to rest one more week before trying it out. Sarah Avery and I did go for a morning walk up the hill to my favorite spot though. Pretty beautiful spot for our personal little church service, right? |
 |
| Never get tired of this view. (side-note.......sometimes my phone just edits pictures like this. I have no idea how or why, but it looks cool, so I just go with it.) |
 |
| This was probably the first time that both of us were actually dressed in something other than pajamas, so we tried to get a good photo, but never actually snagged a great one. |
 |
| We really tried though. |
 |
| Really. Tried. |
 |
| I was a little more successful with this one in some solo shots. |
 |
| She already makes the funniest facial expressions. |
 |
| I think she may be tall like her mommy. |
 |
| We went to the playground and the ice cream shop on Sunday afternoon. |
 |
| Love these pictures of Susannah. She seems to mature every single week. |
 |
| And her German language is really developing. She is starting to speak short German sentences without realizing it. And she says "Ich" all the time instead of "I". Such a little sponge. |
 |
| As evidenced by this photo, I am yet to start any kind of post-pregnancy diet regimen. :) You can't beat that for a Sunday afternoon snack though right?? |
Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the first few glimpses of Fall. Please watch some college football in our honor. Love to each of you!
Catching up!!!! AHH!!! I love seeing all her hair!! :)
ReplyDelete