Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Week 4

Well, we are already in the fourth week of Sarah Avery's life and I am absolutely flabbergasted by how fast time is flying.   When Susannah was born, Peter was on Christmas break from his Master's Program in Strasbourg, so her first month was so much less hectic and, based on the specific memories I still have, quite slow and leisurely.   This time around is drastically different.   Having a 3 year old and a Daddy who works full time creates a whole different scenario and the result is that the days seem to be passing at warp speed.   (Of course, there do exist certain minutes that seem to stretch on for eternity, like the fifteen that passed this morning while Susannah and I enjoyed high-pitched screaming as the backdrop for our morning get-ready-for-school routine.)  Speaking of screaming, I probably should retract my earlier statement about Sarah Avery only crying when she is hungry.   That is no longer accurate.   Now she cries when she is hungry and/or isn't being held and/or is being held in a way that isn't suitable to her.   I thank the Lord several times a day for the invention of the baby carrier.    It has literally saved my sanity and kept this household running.  

Here are the pictures from the week:

I am still baffled at how sweet and loving Susannah has been to her new sister.   She adores her.   Please notice that Sarah Avery is sleeping in the baby carrier newborn attachment.   Really.   She loves that thing.   We should buy stock in Ergo.  

Another Saturday, another beer festival.   This one was at the brewery right down the street.   It was pouring rain and Sarah Avery was NOT happy in the stroller, so she and I didn't stay long.   But these two had a grand time.  

The best surprise ever was the Susannah's best friend from Kindergarten, who happens to live next door to the brewery, spotted Susannah from their apartment and yelled down to invite she and Peter up for a little impromptu play-date.   Then she and her family joined Susannah and Peter for lunch and a tour of the brewery.  

Riding the tractors in the rain.  

Checking out the hops on the brewery tour.

Susannah opted for arm painting instead of face painting.  

She was so proud of that butterfly and so happy to get to spend the day with her Daddy and her best friend.

This is how the girls spend their mornings while I eat my breakfast.  

Makes me so happy to see how much they already love each other.  

Grammy and Grandmama sent us an awesome package with treats for the whole family.   Susannah was so excited to wear all of her new outfits. 

Red and Black just in time for football season.  

Sarah Avery does enjoy her play-mat.  She even started to reach for one of the toys this morning. 

One of Susannah's favorite games is "school".   She is the teacher, of course, and we all sit on our pillows for circle time and she takes roll and expects us to respond to her questions in German.   She has to remind me what to say every time.  

Just yesterday Sarah Avery started making little talking sounds.   So adorable and fun.  I just realized that I have very few pictures of Sarah Avery this week.   Classic second child complaint, right?   I blame the whole time-flying-at-warp-speed/crying-whenever-she-isn't-being-held thing.   I'll try to do better next week.    
   Well, that is it for this week.   Hope all of you are doing well.    Next week is our first week without Aunt Nancy, so all prayers are appreciated!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment