Saturday, May 21, 2016

Celebrations

The past couple of weeks have included lots of celebrating.  I turned 35 and Peter's command hosted his good-bye party.    We are slowly tying up loose ends and getting ready to say our good-byes to Stuttgart.   Things are definitely feeling very bitter sweet these days.   

Peter's good-bye party was fun.   Here he is receiving a medal from his boss.

When it was Peter's turn to talk, he thanked his girls.   When he said Sarah Avery's name she started clapping.    
The girls were so excited to celebrate mommy's birthday.   We had some friends over for cake and ice cream and they had their party hats on before the guests even arrived.

American birthday cake from the commissary was enjoyed by all.

It was the perfect relaxed way to celebrate.


Sunday morning the girls gave me an extra birthday gift and slept until 8:30 am.   Too late for church, so I got to go by myself and have brunch afterward with some friends.  

In other news, seasonal allergies are killing all of us.   SA has been waking super early so this is what she does in the car.   Passes out mid-snack.

SA and I have been soaking up as much time and chocolate croissants as we can at our favorite cafe.   We will miss our neighborhood community more than anything else for sure.   Always knowing that we will run into someone we know is so fun and definitely makes it so sad to leave.

The girls are really into matching lately.   I thought they looked so cute this morning when they were both reading in their matching pjs.  

Peacefully playing together......we enjoy these moments.   

SA and I spent another morning at the neighborhood park.    
She is such a silly girl.

And today, Peter kept SA so Susannah and I could go shopping downtown.   We had the best time and she was such a great little shopping partner.   We shared a scoop of ice cream on the way home so we were all smiles.
And those were the highlights of our recent days.    We are getting more and more excited about seeing all of you in a few weeks!   We wish we were there to give Grandmama a birthday hug today.   We love you grandmama!

No comments:

Post a Comment