Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Skiing close to home


Last weekend, we traveled to the Vosges Mountains which are a little over an hour drive from Strasbourg, to give skiing another shot. It had been snowing everyday in Strasbourg for over a week, so we knew the snow would be so much better than the icy stuff that was in Garmisch over New Year's. By better, I mean softer, and by softer, I mean less bruises for us.


We went with a french family who has 6 kids, all of which are beginners like us. So Peter and I had lots of company on the green and blue slopes. This ski spot is very beginner friendly and so much less intimidating. We had a blast. (and came home with no bruises at all!)


We are going to pick up our new car on February 7, and I'm pretty sure that, until all the snow on the mountain has melted, it will be driving us to this little ski spot every Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Hey coach Mallory!
    I just found your blog, because I was hoping you could help me with something! I really need your advice! If you could please e-mail me when you get this, that would be great! My email is bfrank89@ufl.edu! Marissa and I were talking today about how much we miss you! Looks like you're having a great time there! Hope all is well, and hopefully I will talk to you soon!
    Much love,
    Bekki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah-lee! How beautiful!! So jealous. Glad to see y'all are having so much fun! Love and miss you much!

    ReplyDelete