Thursday, September 27, 2012

Short and Sweet

Now that Peter is home from deployment I am so horrible about remembering to take pictures.   We used to have a wealth every week because I would send him at least one photo of Susannah every day.   But now, especially this week, we are in a period of picture famine.   But I want to stick to my "I will post a blog update once a week" commitment, so here are a few photos that sum up our week.......

What is the significance of this wall?   Well, look closely and you will notice the blue crayon scribble marks......Susannah's first masterpiece.   We should have known it was a bad idea to laugh when she tried to color Meadow.   That clearly encouraged her to color even more things that weren't her coloring book.   It came off pretty easily, so it turned out not to be a big deal.   But it is definitely a sign that we are quickly closing in on the "terrible 2's."

Another reason I don't have many photos is that this week Susannah hasn't been excited about getting her picture taken.   This is the face that I get if I'm lucky.   Usually she says, "no" and runs away.   She has learned the word "no" which is a great thing when she is trying to keep Meadow from stealing her goldfish, but not so good when she says it to me or Peter.  

She is all smiles when she is with her two favorite creatures, though.   When I look at this picture I think, "Wow, how blessed am I?"   Definitely the best family a girl could ever ask for.

That's it for this week.   Everybody have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment